It is once again a very rainy winter in Vancouver (big surprise). As a homeowner you may be experiencing some leaks through light fixtures or big water stains forming on the ceiling. Chances are you experiencing a roof leak and it needs to be taken care of immediately to avoid further damage to your home. It is always best to call a roofing professional to handle any issues regarding your roof as it is dangerous.
We as a roofing company in Vancouver have trained staff who deal with repairing pesky roof leaks on a daily basis and are always available to help. If you feel comfortable dealing with your roof issue on your own, be sure to take all necessary precautions allowing you to fix your leak safely. Here are a few tips to ensure your roof repair can be executed safely.
Roof Repair Safety Tips
- Having a ladder of adequate size and strength is a necessity for completing any roof issue.
- The ladder must be able to extend past your roof deck a minimum of 3 feet. Setup the ladder on even ground at an angle of 75 degrees, which will ensure it will not kick out at the bottom or fall backwards as you are climbing up to access your roof.
- Always have someone holding the ladder at the bottom.
- At the top, be sure to tie off the ladder to something secure before stepping onto the roof.
- Always have three points of contact when stepping off or onto your ladder from the roof.
- Anytime you are on a roof you must be securely anchored and roped off using appropriate safety equipment.
- When attempting to clear your gutters of debris, be sure to take the extra time and move your ladder when it needs moving.
- Reaching too far from side to side on the ladder can be very dangerous and can cause serious harm.
Hopefully these small tips help guide you in getting your roofing repairs done safely.
Professional Roof Maintenance and Repairs
If you do not have the tools or safety equipment necessary to complete any issues your roof may be having, call a professional roofing company to help with your repairs. Call Kitsilano Roofing at (604) 825-6947 or visit our webpage to learn more about us!
Kitsilano Roofing is is dedicated to protect the longevity of your home and we will always be here for expert roof repairs and to help with all your roofing needs.